Agent Install error Windows 10

SOLVED
Phil1
Here to help

Agent Install error Windows 10

Hi All,

I am having some trouble with the Windows Agent installation. It seems to install fine however during the installation the following error pops up.

Untitled.png

The error stays for a few seconds and then the installer says it has installed fine. The devices shows up fine in SM however I am unable to install any apps or a specific settings profile to the device such as WIFI settings, everything else seems to work fine (Remote control, process list etc.). Looking at the agent log files nothing seems to stand out. 

I have tried 2 seperate Windows 10 pro devices which are fully up to date with no AV or AM software on either. Has anyone else had this issue or is it a support ticket to Meraki?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi All,

Finally seemed to have resolved this. The CMD prompt error seems fine and not a issue, from I can tell it can be ignored. To resolve the issue I had to do the following:

1. Fully removed the profile and Agent and reboot
  2. Install profile and then install agent
  3. Reboot
  4. One of my apps had the incorrect install argument which was causing all the others to get stuck. Note that windows apps the install argument may be different for each app.
  5. Once the above was done apps started to install fine

So apps are now installing fine however I have another issue where Meraki says the device is missing apps however they have been installed and are working fine. I might need to raise another post for that issue. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Perhaps trying also adding the machine using a managed profile.  Some of the settings get deployed that way.

I always do the process of adding computer to the profile first and then once that is all ok I then install the agent.

Hi All,

Finally seemed to have resolved this. The CMD prompt error seems fine and not a issue, from I can tell it can be ignored. To resolve the issue I had to do the following:

1. Fully removed the profile and Agent and reboot
  2. Install profile and then install agent
  3. Reboot
  4. One of my apps had the incorrect install argument which was causing all the others to get stuck. Note that windows apps the install argument may be different for each app.
  5. Once the above was done apps started to install fine

So apps are now installing fine however I have another issue where Meraki says the device is missing apps however they have been installed and are working fine. I might need to raise another post for that issue. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels