Ability to bulk-edit owner info using API?

DjShroll
Getting noticed

Ability to bulk-edit owner info using API?

Hey all,

I've been looking through the documentation and I'm trying to sort out a way for my team to bulk-edit the owner info (e.g. change emails, add new owners, etc.) programmatically without using an AD/Azure AD/other ID provider.

I've found the API to get owner information out, wrote a script to perform the necessary updates to the JSON, but have no way I can find to upload that information back to Meraki. Any thoughts?

AD and the like are managed by another team currently, and are not in a stable enough position for us to use them as a source of truth, but any creative solutions ya'll can think of wouldn't be unwelcome.

Thanks in advance,

-Dylan

1 REPLY 1
EncinitasMatt
Here to help

Hi,

I don't have specific instructions for editing owner info, but maybe this can help.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Mobile-Device-Management/Trouble-Renaming-Devices-via-Postman/td-p/1...

If you are looking for a way to connect to the Meraki API, Postman is a free option.  Import the Meraki API and edit or create a JSON.  Click the three dots, select Run Collection, unselect all and select the one you want to run.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels