Camera viewing on mobile app poor experience

Aquatoes
Getting noticed

Camera viewing on mobile app poor experience

Hello,

We have multiple clients as an MSP with Meraki Smart Cameras and using the Meraki mobile app to view the cameras is very difficult, clunky and just an overall poor experience. Are there any plans to create a Mobile App specialized in viewing the cameras like the Vision Portal that might be more user friendly and a better focus on the end user experience or possibly improving the experience within the current mobile app?

Some of the main issues clients present to us are as follows.

App constantly freezing

Receiving "Failed to fetch video stream (No recording) while watching footage that is clearly recorded.

When using motion search footage can be found but when trying to watch it just freezes showing paused and unable to start playback.

1 Reply 1
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've had issues in the past and I've noticed a couple of things.

1. make sure on a iOS device that under Privacy and security > Local network that the Meraki app is allowed.

2. When viewing footage viewing live works and anything older than 2 minutes works but if you try to view footage less than 2 mins old I get a no footage error as though either the camera or dashboard hasn't processed the footage yet.

3. If I am viewing a camera and leave the app and come back to it, I need to back out of the that camera and go back in for it to pickup the stream again. 

I agree the app and experience isn't completely perfect but it is much better than it was. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.