WAN Health Alterting

Adoos
Building a reputation

WAN Health Alterting

Hi,

Has anyone found somewhere in the dashboard to create alerts for WAN Health? I see it is possible for web app health.

Cheers

Adam

4 REPLIES 4
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Alert Settings -> The primary uplink status changes

You mean this?

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

It's not possible to do this, in the same way as the new alerting for Web app health (configured within MI).   Uplink status change within Network-wide > Configure > Alerts is still the best tool in Dashboard itself.
What I'd really recommend though, if you're looking for more granularity than simply Up/Down - and/or you're interested in WAN2 (and who isn't?)  is looking at this fairly recent additional API call:   'Return the uplink loss and latency for every MX in the organization from 2 - 7 minutes ago'

Details are available under the Organizations heading within Help > API docs in Dashboard.

Dear Diary,

One day, I hope that the dashboard email alert system will also have alerts for not just WAN1, but also WAN2.

I have a dream that all WAN ports will be treated equally. 😃
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Adoos
Building a reputation

It would just be nice if the dashboard sent a simple email saying hey WAN2 or WAN1 has XX packet loss.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.