Meraki insight, is it worth it?

Kenneth
Getting noticed

Meraki insight, is it worth it?

I tested the Insigth a while back and found it a bit "premature" the numbers for application health was not accurate, and for some services it did not count at all. also there was not a lot of reporting going on.

Have anyone used it lately? and found it to be a useful tool/reporting metric say i.ex. for an MSP 😉

7 REPLIES 7
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

I use it and it's a good tool for monitoring WANs and checking Web App Health since we use so many cloud applications. It really helps when you want to check what's really going on with the other end as far as I've seen. If I were you I would try to demo it again. I'm sure Meraki wouldn't mind.

Enthusiast
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have a customer that uses SaaS, and they were constantly having issues.  Each party blamed the other.

We put in Insight, and how we have some hard data, and were able to more accurately pinpoint the issue.

So for that customer - it was worth its weight in gold.

Aaron_Wilson
A model citizen

I find it mostly useless. For some reason it doesn't even monitor Webex.
Korey
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Kenneth, MI has changed quite drastically in the past few months with a revision of the UI, the introduction of WAN Health as well as Alerts. I would highly suggest engaging your Meraki CSE and getting a trial to see the latest and greatest it has to offer. 

I am planning to trial Insight with one of our departments later in the year. If I remember I'll report back my thoughts. 

Happiman
Building a reputation

@Kenneth 

It's good to have(or must to have) to since it breaks down the issues by WAN, LAN and Application.

No one wants to take the blame, especially vendors and they always blame customer's LAN and WAN. 

But the majority issues come from their Application latency.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

To be honest when I first saw MI my immediate reaction was “this is a waste of development”. 

I was on a Meraki quarterly webinar and they presented the below slide for “VoIP health which I feel will add value to customers.B4B32651-C5C3-4E84-89A1-FDD5870C0B17.png

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.