Insight VOIP Health has A LOT of Limitations

CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

Insight VOIP Health has A LOT of Limitations

This product looks great till you look at the limitation page...

https://documentation.meraki.com/MI/MI_VoIP_Health#Limitations

I ordered this product for all my customers so we could monitor their VOIP services  (Finally I could justify the cost of insight)

None were working so I logged a  Case and was told the limitations....

1) It does proactive monitoring only - it does not monitor the call quality of any calls themselves  (well thought that was the whole point of this product)

2) VoIP Health does have metrics between MX and SIP servers. It does not have metrics between MX and any particular phones (Again I thought that was the whole point of this product)

3)  VoIP Health only works for VoIP servers that respond to ICMP pings   (none of my customers servers SIP providers respond to pings)   😞

So basically the product is useless to all my customers   and I have canceled all my insight ordered for them.

It was disappointing exercise.

2 Replies 2
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I thought it looked interesting but seeing as it only supports cloud SIP providers then that's no good for me either... ☹️

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is their first cut at this feature.  I suspect it will improve when it is next updated.

I've been using it, and I thought it was quite good.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.