LAN port on a meshed Access Point to provide network access to non-wireless enabled device.

Indigo
Conversationalist

LAN port on a meshed Access Point to provide network access to non-wireless enabled device.

It would be great to be able to use the LAN port of a meshed Access Point to provide network access to a non-wireless enabled device, like a Security Camera.

Other mesh systems provide that functionality when the ports are not being used to provide network access to the AP.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Raz
Here to help

I was planning to buy a second GR10 for this specific purpose, but I couldn't find anywhere if this is supported or not. So I guess it isn't...

hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

This is not currently supported, @Raz . If we ever end up implementing this I'll leave a note here.

Any estimate before this becomes a feature?  My need for this might force me to switch to another WAPs vendor for my setup, and give up Meraki Go, as I also want to benefit from the roaming feature between meshed APs. Also, any chance for port mirroring feature being available for Meraki Go switches?

Thank you! 

hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Raz,

Port mirroring and extending network access to wired clients on a mesh repeater access point are two items we do not presently have a roadmap for.

There is a possibility these features may be introduced on new hardware lines in the future, but nothing planned as of today.

hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for the feedback @Indigo