URL Filter: WEbroot/Brightcloud or Talos?

Solved
pdeleuw
Getting noticed

URL Filter: WEbroot/Brightcloud or Talos?

Hi,

I am wondering if Meraki uses for URL filtering Webroot/Brightcloud or the Talos database. Documentation says Webroot/Brightcloud. But the documentation seems to be old (no date given) an I do not know if it is up-to-date. It would make sense to use Talos instead of third-party. Could someone confirm that it is Brightcloud to filter URLs?

Best regards,

Peter

1 Accepted Solution
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Correct, it's still Brightcloud. That's something I've asked a lot in the last few months but haven't recived something when Meraki also will switch to Talos (which would make a lot of sense)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

I believe the website category filtering on the MX is still using Brightcloud. It would be great for someone to correct me and tell me I'm wrong, and that it is now Talos, but I don't think that's the case yet.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Correct, it's still Brightcloud. That's something I've asked a lot in the last few months but haven't recived something when Meraki also will switch to Talos (which would make a lot of sense)

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Would make more sense for it to be Talos as that’s Cisco’s big selling point

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Thank you for your reply. Maybe they'll switch some day.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Check MX 17 beta release notes.  Content filtering is changing to Talos. 

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Finally! 😎

pdeleuw
Getting noticed

Thank you, even this thread is "stale". Up to now, MX 16.x is stable, MX 17 is still beta. I have updated a MX to 17.5, the shown categories differ from the categories in 16.x. Hoping the categories are switched in an accurate way, when updating a MX with configured content filter ...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.