Trying to design best network as possible

SahadSalmiT
Getting noticed

Trying to design best network as possible

Hi Team,

I am trying to design a network inspired by Campus Network Model as below. Things I wish to configure is 

1. Each MX will have 2 different ISP and configured load-balancing. 

2. Each MX will have two downlinks to the core switches and I believe one link will be blocked by STP (keeping it as a failover).

3. MS425 as core switch and stacked. 

4. MS425 will act as a router for clients. 

5. MS425 configured as a DHCP server. 

3. Default route configured to MX for Internet traffic. 

4. All edge switches stacked and uplinks are configured with LACP for higher speed.

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 2.57.18 PM.png

Any problems I will be running towards with this model? also let me know how I can make this more Rigid. 

Thanks in Advance. 

The gnomes' hidden egg has been found!The gnomes' hidden egg has been found!

12 REPLIES 12
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

From a general design perspective it looks pretty sound. I can only assume that the design choices of stacked switches and 40gb uplinks matches your traffic requirements.

As a reminder, each MX will need a connection to each ISP, so you may need a set of switches sitting upstream of the MX if your ISP can't provision multiple ports on the NTU.

Thanks @Brash, ISP side is sorted already and currently working. True that I will never be using 40GB fully in near future ;-). Just designing it for the future so no need to be re-designed any time soon plus I can expand as much as I want. 

Any other things need to be considered as per your expertise. 

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is pretty much what I do with most customers. With only a few switches in the access, the core is typically a stacked MS355.

Thanks @KarstenI

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using 4 x 10Gbe links to get a 40Gbe link?

yep

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is there more traffic between VLANs or more traffic to the internet?  If the former, you are good to go, if the latter, you might want to route on the MXs although it will be slower in theory, it should work better.

LilyVela
Conversationalist

Egg found!

@LilyVela , @PacerX Sorry guys, what is "Egg found!" means? 

Hello @SahadSalmiT .

@AmyReyes with Meraki was running a contest to find easter eggs and hid an egg in your post. Egg Found just means that people found the egg for the contest.

🙂

The Wandering Pacer
"Not all who wander are lost" - J. R. R. Tolkien
www.thewanderingpacer.com
PacerX
Getting noticed

Egg Found!

The Wandering Pacer
"Not all who wander are lost" - J. R. R. Tolkien
www.thewanderingpacer.com
MerryAki
Building a reputation

EGG FOUND!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.