Topology Incorrect

AbhiNiki
Comes here often

Topology Incorrect

I have MX64 connected to 2 switches, MS120-8LP & MS120-8 on their fiber uplink ports. I have 4 APs (MR33x2 & MR20x2) connected to switches, AP1 & AP2 directly to each of the switches and  AP3 & AP4 in repeater mode.

The topology shows: MS120-8LP>(AP1 + MX64)...Rest coming out from MX64

It should be MX64>(MS120-8LP & MS120-8)>then APs from them

What am I missing? rebooted...no change!

5 REPLIES 5
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AbhiNiki Are there any other network devices connected?  Please share an image of the topology.

AbhiNiki
Comes here often

Please find the diagram for clarity.Meraki Dashboard Topology.jpg

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Looks like the 2x MR20 are currently using niki ho for meshing?. Everyting else looks like your drawing. 

AbhiNiki
Comes here often

No, not really. Yes both MR20s have been meshed to Niki HO, which is fine. The MX64 should be at the far left as the 2 switches are connected to it. Switch 1 shows in the far left, which isn't correct

Topology rarely comes out from left to right as you have it depicted in your diagram.  Would be nice if it did.  The reason sw1 shows up on the left might have to do with it being the lowest STP bridge priority, but other than that, there really isn't anything you can do to change how the topology comes out on dashboard.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.