The network's regulatory domain does not match that of its APs

SOLVED
AbrahamMunoz
Here to help

The network's regulatory domain does not match that of its APs

I'm getting this message all over the place, is that a new module popped up on display or it just got misconfigured? I've been thorugh networks several times, under Network-wide> General (for Firmware Upgrades) and these messages started coming out a couple of days ago out of nowhere? 

Anyone else having these?

Cool dudes use Cisco Meraki (⌐■_■)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Give Meraki Support a call who should be able to see and correct any geo-enforcement issues based on your AP's config and order/purchase info.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

the messages show up in the dashboard?

did you confirm your country/region set correct under  network-wide > general?

Yes, all these networks follow their region/ country accurately from the moment they were created, the message about changing domain reads:

changing from to (region). 

After from there is just empty, like it was never configured. 

Give Meraki Support a call who should be able to see and correct any geo-enforcement issues based on your AP's config and order/purchase info.

Awesome, thank you, Dave.

@AbrahamMunoz

A similar thing happened to me. I think it was caused by a firmware/software upgrade, so that the "new" attribute for the network was left blank by the migration process. All I had to do was enter the correct regulatory domain (country) for the network (it figured out that this was part of the larger European spectrum management system) and the error messages ceased.

In my case, there was no need for involvement from support, but as I deal with regulatory issues I knew what the error was when I saw it, as it had all been covered at a recent ITU conference.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

@MerakiDavewrote:

I had this issue, meraki support just told me to put it in its own network?! So I had some APs on the site in one network and one AP in its own separate network just to avoid this warning! 

I'm not really happy with the solution there...

Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

@JoshHwrote:
@MerakiDavewrote:

I had this issue, meraki support just told me to put it in its own network?! So I had some APs on the site in one network and one AP in its own separate network just to avoid this warning! 

I'm not really happy with the solution there...

Just try doing that in Israel - Meraki/Cisco shipments would be halted until the situation is properly resolved.

Meraki support need a pretty intensive briefing on this issue.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.