Monitor overall network on single tv

networknoob
Conversationalist

Monitor overall network on single tv

Hi everyone,

I recently inherited a fairly large Meraki network as one of a few different networks I need to manage. I have never used Meraki before, and am trying to figure out all the bells and whistles. One thing I really wanted to do was utilize one of the several 60 inch tvs in my work center to monitoring the Meraki network. I like how you can see how many APs and switches are offline and alerting, but I only figured out how to see them on separate pages. I was hoping there was a way to have more in depth monitoring via Meraki or a third party resource (not solar winds, recent budget constraints won't allow for that). My ideal solution would have status of active and inactive AP/switches, WAN/LAN bandwidth usage, current client count, and an alerts tab specifically saying anything that is down or receiving large amounts of DHCP/DNS/latency issues in real time. Any pointers for this would be much appreciated.

2 Replies 2
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I have only toyed with the idea myself, but I did see some third party monitoring solutions via meraki.io You might take a look over there.  Maybe something from these guys? https://www.v-app.io

Good luck.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a quick look at this post on how to make the monitoring page dynamic.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Managed-Services/Need-Dynamic-MSP-Dashboard-Monitoring/m-p/1608

You are going to want to use Organization/Overview.  You will probably want to use one of the table views, and craft a filter to display what you want to see (such as the one shown in the screenshot to show offline devices).

1.PNG2.PNG

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.