Meraki Intermittent issue

malerr
Here to help

Meraki Intermittent issue

Hi everyone, 

We have an issue with our network. It has been experiencing intermittent issue/ping drop. The setup are as below:

ISP router > Meraki MX > Meraki MS

Whenever the Meraki is connected to the router as an uplink, the intermittent issue occur. If the Meraki is disconnected from the router, there are no intermittent network connectivity. 

We have checked the event log, but there are nothing suspicious with it.

The setup was done last year, but the issue only occur recently. Could it be the Meraki issue or the router issue? 

Your opinions are highly appreciated.
8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Look, it's very relative, if you could provide some logs it would be good.

But just to be sure, have there been any recent changes? Like a firmware update for example.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Here are the log.

malerr_1-1708307492136.png

There are no changes before the issue occur. We did upgrade the firmware after the issue occur as an alternative solution, but the issue persists.

Ok how long has this been an issue or has it always been an issue? 

Are you actually using RSTP? 

Also have you confirmed the patch leads are good? 

It has been 3 weeks since the issue occur. Previously, there are no problem with it.

Yes, we have tried changing the patch cord. Issue still occur.

Those events are normal anytime switch ports go up and down for client reboots, sleep mode, etc. That alone would not be evidence of a problem.

If no loss is seen when directly connected to the router (I assume that's what you mean?) then I would focus on the health of the MX and not the switch log.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @malerr 

What do your PINGS look like from each network hop:

switch to MX

switch to ISP router

switch to Internet

MX to ISP router

MX to internet

ISP router to internet 

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

And can you get the ISP to confirm the reverse?  Use the same IP subnet when troubleshooting also.

seen this before when someone had changed a subnet mask.  And again when a secondary IP route was added on the network.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you running a current stable firmware or better?

What model MX is this?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.