Is it OK to ignore IP conflict alerts with old clients?

Solved
from_afar
Getting noticed

Is it OK to ignore IP conflict alerts with old clients?

It seems that it's not possible to delete clients from the interface. As such, is it then OK to ignore IP conflict event logs for devices that have had their IP address changed and/or are no longer part of the network?

I have a NAS device that has 4 NICs. I had the device connected via a couple of the NICs as I was setting everything up and I eventually created a BOND on the NAS with several NICs combined. Since then, I have been seeing ip conflict entries in the event log because Meraki sees that the new bond IP address is the same as one of the previous individual NIC addresses.

Is it OK to ignore these events? Or is there a way to remote old clients from the system that I have missed?

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Clients that haven’t been seen in the dashboard for 30 days will naturally transition out. So, if these old clients are no longer part of your network, they will eventually disappear from the system.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Privacy_and_Security/Cloud_Data_Retention_Po...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Clients that haven’t been seen in the dashboard for 30 days will naturally transition out. So, if these old clients are no longer part of your network, they will eventually disappear from the system.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Privacy_and_Security/Cloud_Data_Retention_Po...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.