Ignore Firmware Upgrade

Solved
FlyingFrames
Getting noticed

Ignore Firmware Upgrade

It says:

"

• Ignore: This option will appear as selected if there is a newer firmware version available but nothing is currently scheduled. If an upgrade is later scheduled but was subsequently canceled (either from the Organization > Firmware Upgrades page or by Support), the Ignore option will be selected again. Selecting this option will not prevent future upgrades from being scheduled by Meraki."

Is this a typo? I imagine if i select the "ignore" button, then a firmware upgrade should NOT be pushed/scheduled automatically to the network. 

We do not want Meraki to automatically change our network's software!

1 Accepted Solution
Frank-NL
Getting noticed

Meraki pushes the updates, but they can always be postponed/rescheduled. What we do is always reschedule the updates to a planned maintenance window.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I understand your frustration, but there comes a time when this is inevitable, even more so if you have a very old firmware version. The only way is to request support to extend the update.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You should 'make a wish' to push support to ''create'' a  'Disable automatic firmware updates' feature  🤔

I wish that feature existed 😕

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>We do not want Meraki to automatically change our network's software!

That's one of the benefits - cloud management.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Don't forget that firmware updates also contain security enhancements. If you don't want to keep your equipment up to date you are more likely to be the victim of a cyber attack. 

Frank-NL
Getting noticed

Meraki pushes the updates, but they can always be postponed/rescheduled. What we do is always reschedule the updates to a planned maintenance window.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.