How to Configuration Fully Redundant (Multiple Switches)

BRC-TH
New here

How to Configuration Fully Redundant (Multiple Switches)

I want to set up Fully Redundant as in the picture.

1. MX. A and MX. B  To MS. What settings do I need?
2. Uplinks  MS to MX, what settings do I have to set?
3. Uplinks  between MS to MS, what setting must be set?

Device list
MX64 = 2
MS120-24 = 2

1677905686242.jpg

4 Replies 4
MyHomeNWLab
A model citizen

I think the main important setting elements are as follows.

* Configure Warm-Spare for Meraki MX device redundancy; Warm Spare operates in Active Standby.

MX Warm Spare - High-Availability Pair - Cisco Meraki
  https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/MX_Warm_Spare_-_High_Availability_Pair

* Meraki MX does not speak STP. Meraki MX transmits received BPDUs transparently.

Therefore, Meraki MS runs STP for loop prevention purposes (Default value: Enabled).
  Note that Meraki MX does not have LAG feature.

MX Layer 2 Functionality - Cisco Meraki
  https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Networks_and_Routing/MX_Layer_2_Functionality

I think the other setting elements (VLANs, WAN Load Balancing, etc.) are up to your network design.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As said above, this is fundamentally possible but you will have a loop. STP will block 2 of the ports during normal operation but they should come active in the event of a failure (at which point there would no longer be a loop).

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Personally, I only connect an MX to a single switch.  I have experienced two many outages due to spanning tree connecting an MX to two different switches.

What's the point of HA if it increases unplanned downtime.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.