Help From Partners and possibly Meraki

Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

Help From Partners and possibly Meraki

Guys

A new 4-star ski lodge owner has asked about how they should set up their network, usual stuff, WiFi, VoIP, smart TVs in each guest room, 65 of them, so not exactly a cabin.

They have bought my suggestion that they hire a professional to design and run this project.

Not a problem, you might think. Unfortunately, I can't go galloping off to deepest central Asia at the moment, or any time soon.

Is there anybody with experience of running network projects in emerging economies? In this case Kazakhstan. It is not totally out in the blue, being 80km from Tashkent, I doubt it will be an exciting fee, but it is certain to be an experience. Regard it as a holiday to remember. There is nothing politically correct about the place, but it could be a holiday that pays for itself. Bear in mind, you aren't going to get kit from the Bay Area or Schiphol overnight and somebody is going to manage customs.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
3 REPLIES 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

UCcert_0-1605650841848.png

I could pass over to my friend Borat. 😀

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

It looks like it takes 2 to 5 months just to get a work visa for Kazakhstan.

https://shieldgeo.com/kazakhstan-immigration-and-work-permits/

@DarrenOC

My concern is that it doesn't end up in the hands of some Borat style individual (I am still shuddering at a vestigial memory of Borat in a mankini).

@jbright 

If a potential client can fix a permit to build a new hotel in a ski resort, they can arrange technicalities such as work permits and customs. Most of the work could be done remotely.

A somewhat distant acquaintance assures me that the locals are welcoming and full of charm. And who knows, quite possibly the skiing is OK.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.