Firewall IP's & Ports for device registration to Meraki Cloud

Solved
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Firewall IP's & Ports for device registration to Meraki Cloud

Good Morning All,

Quick query, just revisiting some sites where we've previously configured specific rules to allow devices to register out to the Meraki Cloud.  The majority of the rules talk from source IP (Internal Network) to the same Destination IP's within Meraki's cloud using set ports such as 443, 80, 7351 etc...  

Source_IPDestination_IP
Your network(s)64.62.142.12/32, 209.206.48.0/20, 216.157.128.0/20, 158.115.128.0/19

Prevously we'd been quite granular using the information provided in the Help section of the dashboard but then i've noticed that the final rule is pretty much an allow all between Source and Destination as above using ICMP.  This rule overrides everything above it as we need to allow all TCP, UDP, IP so we could just use a single rule - allow all ports between source and destination as per the table above?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
1 Accepted Solution
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Icmp is a specific protocol,  its not udp or tcp. 

So if you want to keep using specific rules you should allow the icmp protocol to that ip adresses 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Icmp is a specific protocol,  its not udp or tcp. 

So if you want to keep using specific rules you should allow the icmp protocol to that ip adresses 

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Cheers @ww , complete brain fog this morning. Yep, if I click on the source/destination protocol there it is…ICMP4/6.  Cheers

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.