Application recognition

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Application recognition

Is there a known reason why most of the RSTP traffic is correctly recognised, but a good chunk is not?

cmr_0-1614634579324.png

Is there anything I can do to make it recognise all of the traffic?

6 REPLIES 6
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've got the same problem, I'm guessing thats CCTV traffic.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@BlakeRichardson yes, absolutely right, we have lots and only some gets recognised and the rest fills most of the rest of the top 10...

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Let's wait for NBAR coming to MX too... 😐

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes NBAR!!

I remember a Jeremy Cioara video from years back where he was like "NBAR!! on a switch!! drool!

But at that time that just wasn't possible 🙂

I have an MX84, MR36 and MS210 in my home Lab. From what I have read, I believe the problem in my case is my switch MS210.

I think the minimum requirement for NBAR in combined network for the Switch is MS 390. Does anyone know if this will be available for MS 210 series?

Regards,

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@JimmyM, if you haven’t seen this document already have a look, https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Network-Based_Applica.... It doesn’t appear to indicate a restriction on the MS in a combined network, but I do get where you are coming from. It seems to suggest you can run MS12+ in a network with Wifi6 MR27+ access points and MX16+ device, and still get NBAR working. If it doesn’t it might be worth opening a case with support, there might be something stopping it that they can see.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.