Way to search a network by name instade of ID

SOLVED
Lagorce_JB
Conversationalist

Way to search a network by name instade of ID

Hi,

Is there a way to get the ID of a network if have the Organisation ID and the Name ?

We have thousands of networks so it take to long to get all and check in the Json Resluts ...

Thanks for your helps 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JacobRussell
Conversationalist

I don't think there is a way to do this unfortunately.

One way I have gotten around it a bit is to periodically retrieve all the networks, and store a dictionary of names and IDs. If you have a way to quickly retrieve the dictionary from some sort of storage (S3 for example if you use AWS) you can quickly get the IDs by name then call the /networks/{networkId} endpoint.

There's trade-offs of course, especially depending on how often you update your dictionary. Hope that helps a little!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JacobRussell
Conversationalist

I don't think there is a way to do this unfortunately.

One way I have gotten around it a bit is to periodically retrieve all the networks, and store a dictionary of names and IDs. If you have a way to quickly retrieve the dictionary from some sort of storage (S3 for example if you use AWS) you can quickly get the IDs by name then call the /networks/{networkId} endpoint.

There's trade-offs of course, especially depending on how often you update your dictionary. Hope that helps a little!

Thanks for the reply that what we do.

Hop one day Meraki will add the search by name. like on dashboard.

We will win some API call :).

Agreed. My api script, you have to foreach ($org in $orgs) then foreach ($network in $networks) which takes many, MANY API calls. 

I have over 60 orgs+ 250+ networks and this takes about 1-2 minutes. 

Better to store the value in a file somewhere to search manually if you need to. 

You can always export-csv and sort per your own parameters. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.