Searching the API Call for LAN IP, DNS and Gateway

Solved
rwiesmann
A model citizen

Searching the API Call for LAN IP, DNS and Gateway

Hi all, 

I am a bit confused as I am looking for the API Call to set the LAN IP, Gateway and also the DNS settings of a Switch and also for the Access Points and do not find it.

Was looking in the postman collection v1.39.0.

Basically I would expect it under platform => configure. Here i can find updateDevice...no param for LAN IP, GW and DNS.

So I was also looking under products => switch where I would expect it dedicated for a switch...but I could not find a call.

So I am wondering, if there is a call to change LAN IP, GW and DNS on Switches and AP's...which I would expect.

Can someone point me to the right API call?

Mans thanks

Roger

1 Accepted Solution
Badr-eddine
Getting noticed

Hello,

You can locate the API request for the LAN IP address by navigating to the "platform" section, then selecting "configure," and finally, accessing the "managementInterface" submenu. The specific API request you need to use is named "updateDeviceManagementInterface." It's important to note that this request is applicable for both APs and MS.

Please let me know if this answers your query?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Badr-eddine
Getting noticed

Hello,

You can locate the API request for the LAN IP address by navigating to the "platform" section, then selecting "configure," and finally, accessing the "managementInterface" submenu. The specific API request you need to use is named "updateDeviceManagementInterface." It's important to note that this request is applicable for both APs and MS.

Please let me know if this answers your query?

well, thank you for your answer...I have seen thisone also...but thought it is only for the MX as the params are for 

wan1 and wan2.

So will try thisone and i guess wan1 will be just the managment int for ms and ap's

Yes, WAN1 is the primary LAN interface for both the Meraki Switch (MS) and Meraki AP  (MR). Here's an example of the body request that I used to push in my requests:

{
"wan1": {
"usingStaticIp": true,
"staticIp": "10.{{XX}}.{{YY}}.250",
"staticSubnetMask": "255.255.255.224",
"staticGatewayIp": "10.{{XX}}.{{YY}}.254",
"staticDns": ["8.8.8.8", "8.8.4.4"],
"vlan": {{ZZ}}
}
}

This setup uses a static IP address, subnet mask, gateway IP, and DNS servers, with a VLAN of ZZ for network segmentation.

Thanks a lot...that's the one I was looking for.

Anytime 😜

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

For the access point I believe you can use this API.

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/update-network-wireless-alternate-management-interface/

And for the switch this other one.

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/update-network-switch-alternate-management-interface/

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks for your information...according to my information the alternative management interface is a seperate Management Interface for Radius, SNMP, Syslog in a different VLAN than the Cloud access.

Thanks anyway

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.