POST call to create switch profiles on config tempaltes

RaresPauna
Getting noticed

POST call to create switch profiles on config tempaltes

Hello, I am facing a task that needs to copy some switch profiles from a config template to an other one. 
Unfortunately, I see no support for creating/cloning switch profiles using the API. I am missing something ? All i see is an update option of the profile ports, put only after the profile already exists

RaresPauna_0-1711530794403.png

6 Replies 6
Adrian4
A model citizen

dont think you're missing anything - I can't find anything either.

hopefully next api versions will implement it

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think you know what you have to do to solve this problem ... you are just hoping for an easier solution.  🙂

It's not about an easier solution. It's about automating a manual task, where network engineers have to manually create switch profiles from the dashboard. Or do you have another way to solve my problem ?

Queries the list of switch profiles.  Query the port configuration for each profile.  Then add the profile to the new template, and configure the ports.

Alisdair85
Getting noticed

There is unfortunately no Switch Profile creation endpoint, I have been asking for it for a few years as we have 100s/1000s that need creating in a disaster recovery scenario of many Configuration Templates, currently we have a semi-automated task to do this for our NOC DR Team, frustratingly once the Switch Profile is manually created everything thereafter is fully automated, i.e. setting switchports for all thier details as well as the autobind to the MS Switches, etc

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.