How to register a guest user to multiple networks?

Seiro
New here

How to register a guest user to multiple networks?

Hello,

I have an organization consisting of multiple networks(use WPA2-Enterprise with Meraki RADIUS for wireless LAN authentication).

When new users are added to the organization, I use Meraki dashboard API to register them as merakiAuthUser in multiple networks.

Previously, it worked well with the following steps:

1. Register the user through the Create Network Meraki Auth User API for Network 1
  2. Update the user through the Update Network Meraki Auth User API for Network 2 (and beyond)

However, since the update in May (we noticed the issue a few days ago, but it may have been occurring for longer), the following error occurs when updating the user in step 2:

HTTP Status Code: 404

Response Body: {"errors":["User with ID <user-id> not found"]}

If I try to register the user with the same email address for Network 2 with create user api, I get the following error:

HTTP Status Code: 400

Response Body: {"errors":["Email has already been taken"]}

What should I do to register a guest user as merakiAuthUsers to multiple networks?

Many thanks in advance for a response

Seiro

2 REPLIES 2
TBHPTL
A model citizen

Just a hunch here... The user has to to complete/accept the enrollment in the first network before you can add them to the the others.

Seiro
New here

Thank you for your reply.

Could you provide me with more details about what you mean by "The user has to to complete/accept the enrollment in the first network"?

• Does it take time for the registration to be completed on RADIUS' side?
    • I tried calling the Update User API again earlier, but encountered the same error, so this may not be the case.
  • Does the user need to access the first network they registered for?
  • Is there another API available to complete the approval process?

I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.