Cisco Meraki Dashboard API 403 and performance problems

Solved
BasvanH
Comes here often

Cisco Meraki Dashboard API 403 and performance problems

Hello,

For the last two weeks we are experiencing performance problems with the dashboard API. Thru-out the day we also get some 403's, even with an extend HTTP timeout of 180 seconds.

Unable to connect to https://dashboard.meraki.com/api/v0/networks/L_XXXXXXXXX/devices": 7 Failed to connect to dashboard.meraki.com port 443: Timed out

Is this a known issue being worked on?

Regards,

Bastiaan 

1 Accepted Solution
Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

I would suggest to use api.meraki.com and not dashboard.meraki.com
dashboard.meraki.com remains in a datacenter in new york (according to geoip lookup).

api.meraki.com is more balanced around the world.

Also there is a redirect in place here.

dashboard.meraki.com -> redirects to api.meraki.com -> redirects to nXXX.meraki.com (where xxx is the shard/server on which your devices will register)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

I would suggest to use api.meraki.com and not dashboard.meraki.com
dashboard.meraki.com remains in a datacenter in new york (according to geoip lookup).

api.meraki.com is more balanced around the world.

Also there is a redirect in place here.

dashboard.meraki.com -> redirects to api.meraki.com -> redirects to nXXX.meraki.com (where xxx is the shard/server on which your devices will register)

Alright, didn't knew that. I've changed the URL and see how this performs. Thanks!

api.meraki.com is much more stable, no timeouts anymore. Thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.