Checking of WAN 1 and WAN 2 Status "Active" or "Failed" Using API

Lloydie
Comes here often

Checking of WAN 1 and WAN 2 Status "Active" or "Failed" Using API

Hi Everyone,

Good day!

We've been working out with the API Python script for the checking of WAN 1 and WAN 2 status if down or up.

How ever, we've stack to the part that we were just able to check if there's any IP obtained on WAN 2. That means that if we've checked that there's an IP obtained, there's a LAN connected to the port.

But we didn't know if it is up or down.

You may see on the image on this one that they are both active.

Lloydie_0-1726469418100.png

How ever, on the second image, we're able to check that there's an IP Obtained but the status is Failed, meaning no internet connection.

Lloydie_1-1726469470625.png

Is there any API also that uses the tools on the dashboard for ping checking of Internet 1 and Internet 2?

3 Replies 3
MartinS
Building a reputation

Hi, Yep there is:

Get Organization Devices Uplinks Loss And Latency - Meraki Dashboard API v1 - Cisco Meraki Developer...

BTW if you run of time getting your script to work - there are lots of Meraki Ecosystem partners who will do this for you with a nice UI, take a look at:

Cisco Meraki Marketplace | Cisco Meraki

---
COO
Highlight - Service Observability Platform
www.highlight.net
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi ,

You can use this one : https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/get-organization-appliance-uplink-statuses/

to check the statuses of the uplinks 

This worked on my side but I had to set the 'perpage' option to be lower than default. For some reason, I was timing out both on the Python module and the direct API with the default number.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.