iOS app greyed out, cannot add to deployment group

SOLVED
matt12345
Here to help

iOS app greyed out, cannot add to deployment group

Hi All,

I'm having trouble with one particular app called GooseChase.   All other apps I can add and deploy no problems.  

This app, I search with either the Australia (where I'm based) or the US store and it's greyed out, and I can't select it.  I've tried Chrome and Safari thinking it's a browser problem, but problem persists.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/goosechase/id437330879

I can install the app fine no problem on a single iPad straight from the store (it's a free app).    I've got over 100 ipads, in many groups, and with paid and free apps all deploying nicely.  it's just this one silly app.

See screen capture attached - it's got me puzzled.     Any help would be really appreciated - the teacher at our school has suddenly come back from holidays and wants this app by next week on our ipads.  Sigh.  

cheers

matt

goosechase_cantadd.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

oops, talk about a brain fart.  Goosechase was already deployed to another group of apps, which is why it was greyed out.      Found this finally and adjusted the groups and all good.

thanks for checking your install to confirm it wasn't just mine.  

cheers

M

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not much much ... but I'm based in NZ and it is not greyed out for me.

This makes me wonder if there is something wrong with your Apple business account.  If you log in manually using that account you don't get any agreements to accept or anything?

Screenshot from 2019-01-21 19-12-27.png

thanks for checking - very helpful.  I'm on the free (legacy) version of Meraki for our school, and use school.apple.com - which i've just checked and there's no expired agreements etc.  

are you on the paid Meraki newer version?  

I am also using the free legacy version of Meraki Systems Manager.

However I am enrolled in the Apple Business program (business.apple.com), rather than the Apple Education program.  I wonder if that is the difference.

Hmm, it's a mystery then.   Thanks for getting back to me, I really appreciate it.  I'll continue troubleshooting, and in the mean time I've suggested to the teacher that they can install it manually on a small batch of iPads to start with...  

thanks again

oops, talk about a brain fart.  Goosechase was already deployed to another group of apps, which is why it was greyed out.      Found this finally and adjusted the groups and all good.

thanks for checking your install to confirm it wasn't just mine.  

cheers

M

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.