converting from MR34HW to MR42-HW...use same licensing??

SOLVED
Stein
New here

converting from MR34HW to MR42-HW...use same licensing??

I am migrating from MR34-HW to MR42-HW and have the LIC-ENT-1YR licenses.

Will these tracfer over to the MR42HW access points?

thx

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Yes you can just remove the old AP from the network then add the new one.  You can also verify this by going to Organization>License Info.  You'll see that your APs just show up as 'Wireless AP'.  They aren't model number specific.   Unlike switches and other stuff you'll see on that page.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

yes you can use any ap.

Q: How does licensing vary between different Meraki product lines, e.g., wireless, switches, and security appliances?

A: In general, all Meraki products follow the same licensing model. The primary difference between them is that with all wireless access points (MR series) the license is the same for all hardware models, whereas with the switches (MS series) and security appliance line (MX series) each hardware model has a different license

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Yes you can just remove the old AP from the network then add the new one.  You can also verify this by going to Organization>License Info.  You'll see that your APs just show up as 'Wireless AP'.  They aren't model number specific.   Unlike switches and other stuff you'll see on that page.  

Once I remove the serials for the MR34-HW and add the MR42-HW, can the MR34-HW be used by another company?

Once I remove the MR34-HW access points am I able to sell them to someone else?
Adam
Kind of a big deal

@Stein wrote:
Once I remove the MR34-HW access points am I able to sell them to someone else?

Yes as long as you have it fully removed from Organization>Inventory.  And there are some warranty limitations etc per the link @ww shared

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.