VPN Registry within an Organization

jefferyj40
Conversationalist

VPN Registry within an Organization

I have an existing VPN Hub network of an existing Hub setup to non Meraki equipment (Checkpoint Firewall) . I need to create a new MX250 VPN network to 30 other sites within this existing network. That will not affect the existing Meraki/Non Meraki VPN Hub that is online . Any suggestions, I have thought about creating a new Organization and moving these existing Meraki/Non Meraki sites to that new organization . So that their VPN registries are separate .

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't see why you would need to use two orgs.  Sure you could.  But I don't see any need.

Just use a tag for the existing non-Meraki VPN so it only builds from that one MX.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Site-to-site_VPN/Site-to-Site_VPN_Settings#Peer_availability 

Just to clarify, we have three sites that connect to our Checkpoint Firewall from Meraki MX100 appliances . There are a total of 30 other sites within our existing organization. The newest units our two clustered MX250 VPN units which we would like to establish as a New VPN Hub network to the other 30 units . The three existing VPN Meraki's to Checkpoint Firewall are setup as Hubs . So when we setup the new MX250s , we want them to establish VPN tunnels to the 30 sites that don't have VPN now and then also to the existing 3 sites that have tunnels to the Checkpoint Firewall . So at the completion we will have all 33 sites with tunnels to the new MX250s .

We need to do these migrations to the 30 sites with NO downtime to the 3 HUB/Non Meraki units.

Thats why I wanted to separate the 3 existing sites because with Auto VPN the MX250s will try to establish VPN Tunnels to the NON Meraki VPN sites and cause an issue with those sites . The other 30 sitess should be NO issue since they are not setup for any VPN site to site setup.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.