Summary Report customizing

SOLVED
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Summary Report customizing

Hey all,

quick question...

I scheduled some weekly reports for non IT collegues. I don´t want them to see Application usage.

Can I schedule a second weekly report for myself (same Wifi) including the application usage?

Also, when switching between two wifi´s within the summary report the customization seems to be overwriting past settings. Will these be shown in the next report?

Example:

Wifi-1: showing only top devices

Wifi-2: showing all within the summary which is possible

When I schedules Wifi1 first and then Wifi2, switching back to Wifi1 will show all possible options. Is it only showing this or will it be in the report as well?

As these reports have been scheduled, I´m afraid to test/change something at the moment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

It is unfortunately not possible to create two reports for a single SSID.

And changing the coloums seem not to change an existing report. Only when you change something and then go to manage existing reports. Then edit it and tick the "Current view".

Made a case as well on that:

MarcP_0-1617255910393.png

Time to make a wish again 😞

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can build "views" for Summary Reports, but I don't think you're able to exclude Application Usage.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Summary_Report_Overvi...

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

thanks cptn, had a look into the doc as well, but couldn´t find my question answered, if it is possible to set dfferent reports for a ssid with different "columns"

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

From what I can see, I don‘t think this is possible with the current reporting. Guess your best option is using the API to pull off the things you need.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes you can do that

Capture.JPG

Regards
Inderdeep

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

@Inderdeep , sorry but this does not answer my question really 😄 😉 Or I don´t see it.

2 reports (for different receivers) for a single SSID with different columns.

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

OK, set up a temporary guest wifi and scheduled a report.

Afterwards (for the same ssid) changed some columns, receivers and scheduled this report with a different name.

Then checked all scheduled reports and only one report was shown. Seems like it is not possible the way I want it to be.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check with the API call if you can achieve that. Not sure as i never did this kind of request..

Regards
Inderdeep

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

It is unfortunately not possible to create two reports for a single SSID.

And changing the coloums seem not to change an existing report. Only when you change something and then go to manage existing reports. Then edit it and tick the "Current view".

Made a case as well on that:

MarcP_0-1617255910393.png

Time to make a wish again 😞

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.