Is there a way to add all devices from a order number where the license in that order has run out ?

SOLVED
thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

Is there a way to add all devices from a order number where the license in that order has run out ?

The topic might be a strange question.

But we found a "lot" of Meraki hardware that we had forgotten all about in one of our warehouses.

We have the order number, and would just add that to our dashboard, so we do not have to add all serial numbers individually (could take some time).

But we are not allowed because the license "bundled" inside that order number has run out.

Is there another way to add all these devices ? We will of course have to buy new licenses for them.

/Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would raise a support ticket.  I'm thinking support might be able to do this for you.

Otherwise, the issue is you need to get a list of the serial numbers, and these don't appear on any of the shipping documentation.  You would need to get a bar code scanner and manually scan the whole lot into notepad or something like that, and then bulk claim it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

Do you have the serial numbers digitally?

If yes, then you could provide a list with the SN (one per line). After that you can claim it via Organization -> Inventory -> Claim.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

I'm sure if you renew the license it should let you add them by the order number. Or they might give you another order number and you can then add there. 

Enthusiast
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have no solution, but adding devices with the Meraki App could be a workaround that makes entering them easier.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you going to add all devices in one network or in different networks.. Not sure if it works in case you have expired license ?

Have a look on the below video, It may help as Action Batches for claiming multiple devices or creating multiple networks. 

https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/2019/06/action-batches-a-recipe-for-success/ 

https://youtu.be/--xaAmxeIwE 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would raise a support ticket.  I'm thinking support might be able to do this for you.

Otherwise, the issue is you need to get a list of the serial numbers, and these don't appear on any of the shipping documentation.  You would need to get a bar code scanner and manually scan the whole lot into notepad or something like that, and then bulk claim it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.