cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP Assignment via Dashboard

SOLVED
Here to help

Static IP Assignment via Dashboard

Has the Static IP assignment via the Meraki Dashboard moved out of beta? If it has not how reliable is it. I am moving an MX-64 from DHCP to static, however I am in Chicago and the router is in LA. Doing this remotely would save a lot of headaches.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kind of a big deal

Re: Static IP Assignment via Dashboard

Identical.  Only thing I don't believe you can control is the duplex if for some reason you need to change that.  If you do, I think you still have to do that from the local config page.  Also, the device has to be online and checked in for you to be able to IP config via dashboard.  So that poses an issue for some people that have static IPs since they cannot initially connect the device to get it online.

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
6 REPLIES
Kind of a big deal

Yes it is in production now and is accessible from the dashboard.  Security Appliance>Appliance Status then click the Uplink tab and click the little pencil next to the WAN interface.

Capture.PNG

Here to help

It works just as good as doing a local IP assignment?

Kind of a big deal

Identical.  Only thing I don't believe you can control is the duplex if for some reason you need to change that.  If you do, I think you still have to do that from the local config page.  Also, the device has to be online and checked in for you to be able to IP config via dashboard.  So that poses an issue for some people that have static IPs since they cannot initially connect the device to get it online.

Here to help

Yes it's on DHCP and I'm switching to static. However I'm not sure what you mean by checked in.

Kind of a big deal

As long as it can get DHCP initially to get to the internet so it can check-in with the Meraki dashboard then you should be fine.  That will let it be managed.  At that point you could assign it the static IP from the dashboard and it should take.  

Highlighted
Here to help

Thanks for the info.