Scheduling

SOLVED
TeamZephyr
Just browsing

Scheduling

Need some assistance please for scheduling and blocking on a Single SSID used by Staff and Pupils 

I have 1 x MX80  with 5 MR 33's and an MS220 8P Switch

I run a very small boarding school and need the following , I'm able to identify the staff and pupil devices by MAc and IP address.

• Single SSID ( School WiFi) 
  • 24/7  I want to allow access to all staff 
  • 8am to 8pm I want to allow access to pupils
  • 8am  till 5pm  I want to block layer 7 access to You Tube for pupils ( Done by Group Policy)
  • 5pm to 8pm I want to allow access to Pupils to You Tube 
  •  8pm to 8am I want to block all pupil devices from any access  ( But still allow staff access) 
  • I don't want to advertise 2 different SSID's 

Any help would be much appreciated 

Thanks 

TZ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would apply a group policy to the VLAN interface of the MX with all the settings you want for students.  note you will only be able to have one schedule.

Then create another group policy for staff which bypasses this and apply it directly to their devices.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Creating_and_Applying... 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

How are you authenticating the users to the Wireless network? Are you using PSK or 802.1x? And when you state you can identify the staff and pupil by IP Address is this because you’re statically assigning them?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would apply a group policy to the VLAN interface of the MX with all the settings you want for students.  note you will only be able to have one schedule.

Then create another group policy for staff which bypasses this and apply it directly to their devices.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Creating_and_Applying... 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.