Renew my licensing

SOLVED
gerdel00
New here

Renew my licensing

Hi All, I have a question in my organization in order to renew my licenses.

My dashboard looks be like:

gerdel00_0-1642608556091.pnggerdel00_1-1642608583951.png

gerdel00_2-1642608643924.png

If I renew only 1 MX100 and 35 MX64W per 1 year, the license expiration in my organization is going to calculate again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yes - when you do a renewal, the co-termination date will move out into the future.    Bear in mind though that if you only renew the MXs you mention, your Dashboard will be out of compliance and you will go straight into the 30-day grace period.   If you aren't using the MX250 and the wireless APs that you say you won't be renewing, you should remove them from the Networks to which they are assigned (you can leave them in the Inventory, unassigned)

Basically;   check that the Current device count column matches what you want to keep working, after you apply the renewal and make sure the renewal license covers all of those items.   Don't forget too - the MX licences must be Advanced Security ones.

If you do need the MX250 and the APs to carry on working, after the renewal you must include them in the order for the renewal licences.    Basically - you can only Renew an entire co-termination Organization.

Any remaining time left on the devices you do renew will be rolled into the updated co-termination date.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

If you remove everything else it should calculate to near one year exactly.

There is a license calculator you can use to reproduce the scenario to see precisely, but it takes some time to work through: https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Using_the_License_Calculator

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yes - when you do a renewal, the co-termination date will move out into the future.    Bear in mind though that if you only renew the MXs you mention, your Dashboard will be out of compliance and you will go straight into the 30-day grace period.   If you aren't using the MX250 and the wireless APs that you say you won't be renewing, you should remove them from the Networks to which they are assigned (you can leave them in the Inventory, unassigned)

Basically;   check that the Current device count column matches what you want to keep working, after you apply the renewal and make sure the renewal license covers all of those items.   Don't forget too - the MX licences must be Advanced Security ones.

If you do need the MX250 and the APs to carry on working, after the renewal you must include them in the order for the renewal licences.    Basically - you can only Renew an entire co-termination Organization.

Any remaining time left on the devices you do renew will be rolled into the updated co-termination date.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I’ll second what @GreenMan states.  You have to renew what you require otherwise you’ll be immediately out of compliance. This did catch me out in the early days. Quite embarrassing having to explain to a customer why after spending X amount their Organisation is out of compliance 😬 

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.