Read-only access to Topology view only

Solved
aml
Conversationalist

Read-only access to Topology view only

Is it possible to give someone read-only access to just the Topology view of a network?

I have a tiered network with core of MS425 switches, distribution layer with MS250 switches, and access layer consisting of MS210 & MS120 switches spread out across a large geographical site.

Parts of the site run 24x7, including maintenance teams who work during the night (so some outages are planned/expected). 

I have already configured SAML SSO to provide full/read-only admin privileges to our network & support teams, but I don't want to give full read-only admin and all that contains (config details, reports, etc) to these users - I simply want to be able to provide a page that shows what switch(es) are online and offline at any given time. 

Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution
mlefebvre
Building a reputation

Not possible within Meraki, no. You could configure them to receive alerts for things going down, or use a third party monitoring tool to do this such as Zabbix or Grafana.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
mlefebvre
Building a reputation

Not possible within Meraki, no. You could configure them to receive alerts for things going down, or use a third party monitoring tool to do this such as Zabbix or Grafana.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You would need to use a RBAC third party solution like Boundless Digital.

https://www.boundlessdigital.com/product/access-control/

aml
Conversationalist

Thanks both for confirming.  I was hoping to achieve this without a third part solution, but looks like that's not an option.

Rather annoyingly we had Solarwinds for monitoring our previous network environment and I could configured that to give exactly what I want, but we are in the process of phasing out Solarwinds since we've migrated to Meraki as I can't justify the additional costs now.

I'll also have a look at the options mentioned

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.