Question about Webinar devices licensing

SOLVED
Colma
Conversationalist

Question about Webinar devices licensing

Good Morning!

I got a device while I worked for a previous employer (1 year ago) after I attended a webinar. I received the switch (MS120-8LP) but never claimed it or turned it on. I tried claiming it now but it states that there's a missing license for it. How can I go about it or make the license start "running" or "burning"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Colma
Conversationalist

As an update on this, I got in contact with support since they didn't answer via e-mail.

They got a hold of my old license and provided it to me after verifying that I indeed attended that webinar.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Most likely the license expired (1 year) and needs to be renewed. In that case you need to contact sales/partner/account rep.

Another option is contact support and they can help provide some options. You may be able to claim the hardware and add to your org, then have them put a 30 day grace license on it, while you get the normal license renewed.

Colma
Conversationalist

I thought the same thing. I have reached out to support (opened a ticket last night) and I'm still waiting to hear from them.

I will post here as soon as I get an answer.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you have a new employer (and email address as a result) and they don't have Meraki you could do another webinar ...

My thought was he wanted to use the device in a home lab or personal use, not sure what the intent is.

Colma
Conversationalist

I do want to use this as part of my Home Lab.
Colma
Conversationalist

As an update on this, I got in contact with support since they didn't answer via e-mail.

They got a hold of my old license and provided it to me after verifying that I indeed attended that webinar.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.