Number of sessions over time

NPL_Jeffrey
Here to help

Number of sessions over time

On my Dashboard - which displays stats for our new Meraki WIFI, there is a statistic under Organization / Summary Report called "Number of sessions over time." We were downloading this report every month. Now it appears to have crashed. I contacted support and they told me that it has been a known issue since December.

First of all, has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, what are you doing without this data now? Is there a workaround or are you moving to a different metric?

See the pic below - you can see when it crashed for us.

number of sessions over time.png

7 Replies 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's possible this data isn't working now due to the recent dashboard UI upgrade. 

Could you use a Meraki MV camera and count people that way or do you only need to know how many have been using the Wifi?

NPL_Jeffrey
Here to help

Thanks Blake - We have been testing counting people with Meraki cameras for other applications - but in this case, we need to know how many people are using our WIFI each month. I am guessing that only one out of four of our guests use the WIFI - so I need a solution that is more specific to that activity.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@NPL_Jeffrey I see the same, but we use the clients metric as sessions can be people passing by in our case

cmr_0-1707264137613.png

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Indeed it has broken the location analytics as well - so the data seems to have gone missing!

cmr_1-1707264332996.png

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

However on another shard (n199 as opposed to n184 above) it is still working:

cmr_2-1707264645626.png

NPL_Jeffrey
Here to help

I'd like to thank you all for the conversation on this topic. Today when I came in to work I discovered that the Number of Sessions over Time stat has been restored on my portal desktop for an additional 10 days. They must be restoring a little bit of data at a time. Once they get up to 1/31 I will be able to get back to normal.

number of sessions over time fixed.png

NPL_Jeffrey
Here to help

The Number of Sessions over time statistics are all caught up. Thanks again for your thoughts on this.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.