Not Receiving Firmware Notifications

JordanTT
Comes here often

Not Receiving Firmware Notifications

Lately we have been having our wireless networks automatically schedule firmware updates but there has been no email notification about it. Usually we cancel these and schedule when we decide.

Is anyone experiencing the same thing?

6 REPLIES 6
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@JordanTT : Check the settings under Network-wide > Configure > Alerts. There are two options to denote who will receive email alerts:

Check the below document link which may help you 

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Firmware_Upgrades/Cisco_Meraki_Firmware_FAQ

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Alerts_and_Notificati...

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

thanks for your response.

The email addresses are listed under this section but this line or the firmware guide makes me think any operational admin should receive the notification:

Can firmware upgrade scheduling be completely disabled?

No, firmware upgrade scheduling cannot be disabled. However, firmware upgrades can always be canceled, and organization admins are, by default, notified via 'Scheduled maintenance' emails when firmware upgrades are scheduled.

Anyway, the configuration has not changed and we used to get the notifications, so I believe something else is wrong here.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Has someone modified your mail gateway, are they being treated as junk email? It’s worth checking to make sure the policy there hasn’t been changed.

JordanTT
Comes here often

Hi, I have checked if it's been sent to junk/spam and there was nothing found there.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@JordanTT are you getting any alerts, i.e. AP or switch down etc.?  If you disconnect one of either for the time shown under Network/Alerts you should get an email.

JordanTT
Comes here often

Yes, we were receiving notifications of APs going on or offline. 

Good news, late Friday we started receiving notifications for firmware updates, so at least that is working again.

I've been cancelling a certain round of updates but they keep coming back almost everyday. at least we get the email now.

I'm not sure what happened but it really seems like they weren't being sent.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.