New MSP Portal Button on Dashboard?

EJN
A model citizen

New MSP Portal Button on Dashboard?

Noticed today. I'm an end-user, not an MSP. Opened case, but wanted to post here as well.

Screenshot 2022-09-15 110851.jpg

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
8 REPLIES 8
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Do you have more than one organization under your credentials?  What happens if you click it?

It may be unintentional, but thanks for sharing because I am happy to see the new global organization view there 🙂

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Just to add to @BrandonS '  reply, the MSP portal becomes automatically available to any user (MSP or no) if your Dashboard username (your email address) is made an Admin in more than one Organization.   Those Organizations are the ones presented to you when you login.   This allows you to choose which Org you want to be managing.  It also allows you to jump quickly between Orgs in Dashboard - and provides a summary overview of them too.   Do you recognise both the Organizations on login?   Bear in mind that when you're added to an Org, you get a notification email, in which you can confirm your admission (or not)

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Organizations_and_Networks/Using_the_MSP_Por...

EJN
A model citizen

We are single network / single organization. I think it's a bug that this is showing for us. Also, even if we were multiple organizations, I don't think MSP is the right title for this. An end-user with multiple organizations doesn't want to see/use the word MSP.

There is also a typo in the help bubble that pops up.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I don't disagree.  I would send feedback via support or if you see a beta feedback on the right side of the screen.  FWIW, after I clicked it it changes to "Global Overview" which is also not an ideal name in my opinion, but it looks like this:

skitch-5.png

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I recommend you contact Meraki Support to help look into this further.

EJN
A model citizen

I did earlier. I opened a case on the dashboard.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
MyHomeNWLab
A model citizen

I also checked in my environment.
Magnetic Design System (new Web UI) displays the MSP Portal even if the account belongs to only one Organization.

It is not displayed in the old Web UI.

GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @EJN ,

Thank you for bringing this up. I had a bit of a poke around today and I do suspect this may have been an addition for the Early access of the new UI as @MyHomeNWLab mentioned. 

I suspect it may be unexpected for users without multiple organisations associated to their email address to see it, although the page is still evolving and I think it does provide some at a glance information that can be useful, so I'm not sure if there's any plan to change its nature in the future. 

Thank you for raising it with Support, I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it! 😉

Giac

Please keep in mind that what I post here is my personal knowledge and opinion. Don't take anything I say for the Holy Grail, but try and see!
Appreciate who helps and be respectful of every opinion and every solution offered.
Share the love, especially the Meraki one!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.