New Customer Aquisition and Transfer of Dashboard Management Access

MerakiNewbieMSP
New here

New Customer Aquisition and Transfer of Dashboard Management Access

Sorry if this question has been asked but I'm a newbie to Meraki and I have a simple question around my scenario.

The Managed Service Provider I work for have won a tender to provide MSP services to a new client who have multiple sites all connected via VPN to their Head Office. All sites are using a Meraki firewall which is managed through the previous MSP's dashboard.

The firewalls and licenses will still be owned by the end user. 

How do we transfer management of these devices to our dashboard so we can begin managing the units?

5 Replies 5
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The end user should have access to their dashboard, they simply need to create accounts for your company giving the required access level and removing the old MSP's accounts. 

This is provided the old MSP has actually setup the networks properly and created them under and Org that belongs to the end user. 

From what we have been told, the end user has never had a portal. The old MSP has the units registered under their own account. We have created an account for the end user: meraki@<enduser>.com.au and asked the other MSP to transfer the units. Was this correct?

That is not going to be a fun mess to sort out, you will need to contact support. You cannot move hardware between organisations while maintaining the configuration and licensing without assistance from support. 

I would be ripping into the old MSP if I was the customer. Hardware and licensing should always be setup in a Org where the customer has full access and ownership unless it's an IaaS agreement. 

In this case there is a chance the old MSP actually owns the hardware. Have you confirmed this is not the case? If they do own the hardware it's time to repurchase and rebuild or buy from the provider. 

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Inventory_and_Devices/Moving_Devices_between...

Good luck with that. Unfortunately, you will have to create a new organization and move the devices and licensing to this new organization, remembering that you will have to redo the entire configuration.

Basically it's a new project.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.