Meraki change of ownership

SOLVED
Mhuns
Conversationalist

Meraki change of ownership

My MSP recently had a client that purchased another company that is using a Meraki MX84 controller and their prior IT crew is being less than helpful getting us the information needed to log in to take ownership of it. I've tried calling support, but without the 8 number customer pin I cannot get through to anyone. Any advice? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Without proof of ownership (an invoice) as mentioned theres not much you can do. Support cannot just give you access without following this process.

A good MSP should be always giving the customer full access to their hardware, not doing so is a good way to start a lawsuit IMO. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Mhuns you'll need to get access to the existing organisation on the dashboard or set up a new organisation and get them to transfer the MX84 (and license) to you.  Otherwise if you have the original purchase invoice then support can help.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Without proof of ownership (an invoice) as mentioned theres not much you can do. Support cannot just give you access without following this process.

A good MSP should be always giving the customer full access to their hardware, not doing so is a good way to start a lawsuit IMO. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.