Meraki Logs polled while the device is restarted

Solved
RabbaniSyed
Just browsing

Meraki Logs polled while the device is restarted

I am new to Meraki and would like to know is there any way to find when the Meraki MX is restarted in the Logs

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is not a specific log to know It was restarted, but you can configure an alert to it when goes offline or you can check the connectivity history on Appliance status page.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Alerts_and_Notificati...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is not a specific log to know It was restarted, but you can configure an alert to it when goes offline or you can check the connectivity history on Appliance status page.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Alerts_and_Notificati...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Thanks for the Link but interestingly, I looked in the event log and noticed the following

When i query that no results are displayed...

RabbaniSyed_0-1665590672237.png

It's under Monitor Appliance Status

alemabrahao_0-1665591049942.png

Pavithran
Here to help

We don't the option in Meraki Dashboard. May be Meraki support can give you the uptime of the devices.

Crocker
Building a reputation

Support can poll the device uptime. Alternatively, you can look through the event log for "Ethernet port carrier change" messages for all of the connected interfaces. For example, when I see that message for ports 1, 2, 3 (we generally don't connect anything to 4 & 5) all with the same timestamp, I know the device rebooted.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.