Meraki Dashboard License

Asad1
New here

Meraki Dashboard License

Hi,

I added the Meraki Dashboard license yesterday, but it still shows that License Required. Is there any other to do?

Regards,

9 Replies 9
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Was the lic for all devices in your org?

At the license page it should show you which devices need a license. 

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I'm wondering if you maybe didn't get the right license to match the device you have.   For wireless APs, each model uses the same license LIC-ENT    (you just choose the duration 1, 3, 5, 7 or10).   But MX or MS to some degree depends on the model of appliance or switch you buy.    E.g. a 24-port license is no good if you have a 48-port switch.    As ww said, the Organization > License info page should tell you

Or maybe you have insufficient license quantities?     You need one license per device

Can we use a license if the switch model is the same but the version is different? Like can we use license of MS125-24P-HW for MS125-48FP-HW?

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Asad1 Can you share what license you add and what message you see on the portal ...

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

Hi,

I put the dashboard license key that we got from Meraki. 

Asad1_0-1696005291556.png

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Organization -> Licence info : 

RaphaelL_0-1696008093300.png

You probably bought the wrong licence.

Vadim_Zap
New here

Good afternoon. When trying to add a new license for additional devices, the system displays the following error

License ХХХХХХ (license number) has been invalidated. If you feel you are seeing this message in error, please contact our support team using the Help link, or e-mail support@meraki.com.

New license, received from the distributor.

What could be the problem?

There are a number of different things that could cause this.  I'd contact either the Cisco partner you purchased through or (possibly and) your Meraki account team.

If this is unrelated to Asad1's query, you should put this as a separate question in the community.   It doesn't appear to be the same problem.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.