License Extension

Solved
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

License Extension

Hi all,

I know the license calculator. But is there a way to calculate for a given organization how log the co-term date will be extended when a specific license is added?

Have a great weekend, Karsten

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

With the License calculator on line 1 enter your current days remaining, add your models and quantities, click calculate license state. That will reflect your current Org status.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.02.54.png

Then add a new line and using your example enter 10 years in days, mode add devices, select a MX250 quantity 1 and click calculate license state. That will show what the license add would result in.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.07.23.png

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13
Arthamon
Here to help

Hi @KarstenI ! Unfortunately, there will likely be a little but of math involved unless their support team can help. If you hadn't seen this document it could be useful.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Co-Termination_Licensing_Ov...

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, I know this document. But the organization has many licenses, and I was hoping for an easy answer: "If I add an MX250 Adv with 10 YR, how much extension will it give to my organization?"

The problem is that I need to get some licenses (any) to move the co-term to the next fiscal year, and then the whole renewal will be done.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately no, either try using the formula in the guide or using the calculator (which in my opinion is the best option).

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Perhaps we have to get an apprentice to add the available licenses … 😎

pdeleuw
Getting noticed

Hi Karsten, there is a license calculator for exactly this task: https://dashboard.meraki.com/manage/dashboard/license_calculator

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi Peter, yes, I know this one. But it starts empty and not based on an already available license set. It’s quite a lot of work to add the licenses to get to the point of calculating the relevant difference.

This seems to be a bug. I took this calculator a while ago, it was aware of my existing licenses. The calculator is part of the dashboard, so it should have this knowledge. Perhaps you should contact the support.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ok, if this is the case, it could help. But for me, it only shows empty, and the title says it is based on an imaginary organization. And if I add a license of 365 Days the Expiration is shown as a date exactly 365 days away. Either it changed, or it is really a bug.

AMP
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

IIRC If you engage support I believe they can get a preview of what licensing will look like before and after when moving around licenses.

Knowledge is power
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

With the License calculator on line 1 enter your current days remaining, add your models and quantities, click calculate license state. That will reflect your current Org status.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.02.54.png

Then add a new line and using your example enter 10 years in days, mode add devices, select a MX250 quantity 1 and click calculate license state. That will show what the license add would result in.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.07.23.png

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This was the main problem ... dozens of licenses purchased over the last years. I was hoping to avoid this work.

Perhaps I'm missing your intent. Is it to just derive the new date when a license is added to an existing Org? If yes you don't need to enter all the past licenses. On line 1 just enter the current days remaining and your inventory. Then line 2 is what's to be added.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So you say I ignore the licenses and just add the devices and one line end-date? I hadn't expected that to work, but okay, at least that is much less work.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.