Issues to register email as admin

dagarva
Here to help

Issues to register email as admin

Hi,

I'm trying to bring access our external support to our dashboard. They had previously a client who used Meraki but they don't work any more with this client.

Now, I tried to create the admin account to him but I cannot do that:

"Email ****@****** is already registered with a Cisco Meraki Dashboard account. For security purposes, that user must verify their email address before administrator permissions can be granted here."

I asked them to verify account, they don't remember password and tried to recover it, but they got this error.image.png

So, what can we do? network admin is not available and they cannot verify account.

They don't need any record from Meraki so their account can be deleted and I will bring access as a new account

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Add them using a different email address.

For example, if they use Office 365 or Google, use a plus code.  For example, sign them up as:

user+meraki@company.com

Most email systems deliver an email address like this to user@company.com.

Plus codes were created many decades ago to allow users to sign up to sites with unique email address.  Then when you start getting spam (or their is a breach), you know exactly which web site it happened through.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.