Infinite password reset loop

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Infinite password reset loop

At the moment when we log in we get forced to reset our password on every single login.  It started about three days ago. It is super painful.

It doesn't matter what browser or computer is used (so this is not a cache or cookies issue).  It doesn't matter which ISP we use.

Is anyone else with access to multiple organisations experiencing this issue?

password-verification.png

15 REPLIES 15
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Looking into this further, it looks like it is only affecting accounts using 2FA and the Google Authenticator.

HodyCrouch
Building a reputation

I am not seeing this issue.

I do have 2-factor authentication enabled for my account.

@HodyCrouch wrote:

I am not seeing this issue.

I do have 2-factor authentication enabled for my account.

+1 No issues so far.

Cmiller
Building a reputation

Same here, 2FA enabled (not with google app though) no issues. Looks like its for accessing MSP page. Can you setup a temp admin on just one Organization and see if it makes you set that user?
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

We're all SAML here so I'm not going to be any help.

Following out of curiosity.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki have confirmed there is an internal issue.  Not sure how many account are affected.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Can you setup a temp admin on just one Organization and see if it makes you set that user?

The issue seems to be getting worse.  We login.  We get asked to reset the password. The list of organisations we can

access comes up.  We select one, and then get logged out.  The process now repeats.

We can't even get to a screen to add/see/change the administrators.

Sounds pretty severe.  Do you have a workaround? If not, are the withdrawal symptoms of not having the dashboard to play around in showing yet? 

>Do you have a workaround?

Meraki have not offered any workarounds.

>the withdrawal symptoms of not having the dashboard to play around in showing yet? 

The biggest problem is not being able to execute customer requests that we are being paid for.

We have a change for a customer in 18 hours that has been booked in since late last year (because it involves mutiple parties doing the other changes all at the same time). I really don't want to tell everyone it has to be deferred because we can't log in.  That just sounds really bad.

SAML here, no issues seen (yet)
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Cmiller
Building a reputation

Did you find a solution to this yet?
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It started aagain around yesterday.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

I just ran into this a few minutes ago, after having to change an account's password. It'll let me in if I paste the password into the prompt, sometimes after 2-3 tries, but it's incredibly annoying.

edit:

Wow, escalate that to unacceptable, because now I've had trouble logging into my normal admin account. Test pulls on my API key can't agree on how many organizations I have access to between pulls, and I keep seeing a stomach-dropping 5 orgs on my organization list. I should have 60+. The MSP portal page is correct, but uh... this is not okay. Ticket time.

Hey Team, it's a known issue, actively being worked on.  I had a customer hit this as well.  I thought it might have something to do with multi-org admins who are prompted to do a standard password reset, it takes it, but then doesn't sync, and if you re-login to different Orgs, likely existing on different back-end shards, the password sync process didn't catch up yet (or didn't take effect). 

I'm not sure if that was your exact experience, but I spoke with Support today and there is an open internal case with Eng.  Go ahead @Nash and open a ticket so Support can add you to the open case.  Tell them to add you to the case for account password changes not syncing between some shards.  

Nash
Kind of a big deal

Having to do it for every shard makes sense. Propagation can be fussy. I hope you all get it resolved soon - if it's frustrating for me, it must be worse for the support staff at Meraki who are trying to fix.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.