I found the limit on the clients view

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I found the limit on the clients view

Never seen this before, I guess one of the issues caused by random MACs...

cmr_0-1712145601464.png

8 Replies 8
jbright
A model citizen

I ran into this recently.

This impacted me when I was trying to upgrade the code on an MS320 switch.

The switch kept failing to upgrade because too much memory was be used trying to keep up with all of the clients.

Go to switches > configure > switch settings

Look at the last option on the bottom of that screen "network client sampling".

Make sure it is set to "Exclude uplink interfaces", which is supposed to be the default.

If it is set to "all interfaces" you make want to think about changing it.

Making this change does not cause an instant impact. It can take up to 24 hours for this to clear up.

Let us know what you find?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I looked to change the setting (it is set on all), but according to the message that popped up, as client tracking is set to unique client identifier, this is already set.  I believe that as it is our primary datacentre and the MXs there are in single ended concentrator mode, they do collect every client! 

jbright
A model citizen

I believe this setting only impacts how the switch(es) monitor clients and does not have anything to do with how the MX tracks clients. There is a separate setting for MX client tracking.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We do have a stack of MS355s and the MXs, but it does seem the settings work in tandem.

jbright
A model citizen

I agree.

I think both settings do work together to contribute to the total client count. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

1.5m!  Wahoo.  Very impressive.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

it's 150k, but still impressive. @cmr And how many clients are left after removing the randomized?

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Would be nice if Meraki had an equivalent of YouTube's 100K subscribers play button. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.