How to divest ourselves from the MSP that sold the Meraki gear

Big_Red
New here

How to divest ourselves from the MSP that sold the Meraki gear

Hi. 

Please do point me in the right direction if this is not the appropriate forum. 

Situation has soured between MSP and end user client company. Client has licensed hardware (MX68) in production environment. I am writing on behalf of the client.  

1. Is it possible to: Have MSP release inventory, have client create meraki account, client claims inventory.

2. If so, will things continue to work as they do with the only difference that the account\credentials only see the single newly created network or, does this look like a new installation\setup or, is this not possible?  

Very Respectfully,

*Caught_In_The_Middle*

2 Replies 2
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

You would lose any remaining license time with that method. Unless, you convinced Meraki support via begging to transfer licenses to the new organization.

A better method would be to have them add you or your customer as a full organization admin and then you sign in and remove them from admin.  

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Agree with @BrandonS , go for the second option of making the client an admin of the network. They then can remove the MSP.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.