Getting Topology to Work with HPE Aruba 1930 Switch

ChesterX
Here to help

Getting Topology to Work with HPE Aruba 1930 Switch

Hi. I recently added a HPE Aruba 1930 switch to my installation. 

(I have a full Meraki stack -- MX, MS, MR -- with the exception of this switch, and was too good of a deal for me to pass up.)

After I added this switch to my installation, the Topology went bad.  It's not clear to me what settings I need to change in the HPE Aruba 1930 switch in order to "fix" the Meraki Topology view.  I believe that it has to do with LLDP, but I am not clear.  The Meraki Dashboard *sometimes* shows the HPE Aruba 1930 switch as a diamond and says that it is improperly forwarding packets and at other times it disappears from the Topology view entirely!  

(The Topology tool is a great tool when it works, but even in a full Meraki stack it has many issues.  Would like to see Meraki invest in fixing the issues OR kill it entirely.  But since it's there, let's get it fixed.)

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes turn lldp(in this case for topology) and rstp (prevent loops)  on.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ChesterX 3rd party switches can cause issues with Meraki devices and the topology. If enabling LLDP on your HP device doesn't rsolve the problem contact support and they can enable a setting that should resolve the issue.

I had the same problem as currently we have a mixture of Meraki and Cisco switches. The problem is worse if you have another brand switch between two Meraki switches. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.