First Time MSP

SOLVED
TLS_Nick
Conversationalist

First Time MSP

Just getting started as a small MSP with a handful of clients. I have worked with Meraki in the past and love it a customer but this will be my first time as an MSP. I just want to make sure I am setting things up correctly to be able to use the MSP portal and not get stuck with my clients licensed hardware.

1. Create my own Organization with company email.
  2. Create my clients Organization with their company email
  3. From the clients Organization account invite my organization email. (This causes the MSP portal to appear in my tenant?)

Are these the correct steps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@TLS_Nick That looks right to me, you want to invite yourself to manage your customers networks that way licensing is kept simple. The customer should always be in control of their equipment, yes you manage it on their behalf but if they want to end your working relationship they should be able to do so without asking you to hand over passwords. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

I would say the easiest method is contact support and open a ticket once your org is setup. They walk you through the setup process so you don't make any mistakes.

@TLS_Nick That looks right to me, you want to invite yourself to manage your customers networks that way licensing is kept simple. The customer should always be in control of their equipment, yes you manage it on their behalf but if they want to end your working relationship they should be able to do so without asking you to hand over passwords. 

Yep... that's the reason I was asking. Was on the receiving end of a MSP not doing it correctly and it taking months for them to transfer ownership. Don't want to put my clients in the same situation. 🙂

@TLS_Nick  that's correct, the procedure is pretty well documented here https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Managed_Service_Providers_(MSPs) and the key is that your same email address is an admin in both or multiple orgs, then once logged in your will also get the "Organization" drop-down menu in addition to the "Network" drop-down menu.  You can then use the Organization drop-down menu to dive down into any one of the Orgs, as well as to view the MSP Portal itself (the top-most option). 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.