Finding ALL clients with a group policy is broken

Aaron_Kennedy
Here to help

Finding ALL clients with a group policy is broken

I am trying to get a list of all clients that have a specific group policy applied to them. The group policy page in the dashboard says that there are 343 clients with that group policy, but when I click on the number of clients, I am only provided a list of clients that connected in the past day, not ALL clients with that policy.

Even if I follow the instructions here...

Finding All Clients with Custom Device Policies - Cisco Meraki

...I get the same behavior. Only recently connected clients are shown, not ALL clients with the policy... even though the documentation states that is what should be displayed.

I know this worked correctly in the past. What has changed, or what am I doing wrong?

7 Replies 7
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On network wide - general

Is client privacy set to 1 day?

On the network wide --> general page, there is nothing that refers to client privacy.  In fact, the word 'client' appears only four times on that page... three times in the context of firmware upgrades and one time referring to clients wired directly to an access point.

Is this a setting that I have to open a ticket in order to have enabled on that page?

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe it depends on hosting region

I supose thats not the problem then

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This sounds like a dashboard bug.  It should show all clients with a policy, irrespective of time frame.  You'll need to open a support case.

amabt
Building a reputation

I did not know "all clients with a policy" exist as I've never seen it on our Dashboard. Checking just now and its definately not there in al 3 orgs we manage.

Edit: After realising I looked at the wrong place. It is actualy there. To the right of the the time dropdown.

Aaron_Kennedy
Here to help

I did open a support case. It took a lot of back and forth, but in the end the support technician refused to acknowledge that the past behavior of the group policy page was indeed to show ALL devices with a group policy applied to them, regardless of the last time of connection.

He insisted that clicking on a group policy where 343 clients have that policy applied to them and only having two of the clients listed in the dashboard was the "way it is supposed to work".

It looks like that feature has gone to the same place that Boolean searches in dashboard disappeared to a few years ago.

amabt
Building a reputation

Hmm Monitoring this as it may be related to when I try to search using the API and number of clients shown does not match. I though I was doing it wrong.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.